GDPR Fair Processing Notice
(How we use your personal information)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
R3 Repairs Limited registered in terms of the Companies Acts with registered number SC361210 and having its registered office/main office at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL. (“We” or “us”) take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3279921 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Caroline Wilson, Corporate Services Manager, East Lothian Housing Association.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to the Compliance Group.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- When you become a member of R3 Direct
- When you use our services
- From your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers )
We collect the following information about you:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
We receive the following information from third parties:
- Payments made by you to us
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- To undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract/agreement with you
- To enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested
- To enable us to respond to your service request and any complaints made
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential /[and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA.. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any sub-contractor
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and / or service, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results
- If we need to collect money owed to us (such as when we engage debt collectors to recover a debt)
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
In the very unlikely event where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the minimum periods.
Our full retention schedule can be obtained on request from our offices at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records
- Enquire us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of your we hold
- Object to receiving any marketing communications from us
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.